Smooth and full of flavor—Here’s a healthy curry soup featuring a ton of veggies. Really, this easy recipe can be made with almost any vegetables you have on hand, so take your pick or use whatever is cluttering up the freezer!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Ingredients list or the coconut curry soup
Approx. 6 servings:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 knob of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1-2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Cauliflower florets
- Broccoli, cut into florets
- Snap peas
- Green peas
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Chili pepper powder, optional
Spicy Baked Chicken Tenders
Frozen vegetables make a good option too.
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger, and stir fry for a few minutes. Add turmeric, salt, and sugar. Stir fry for another few minutes.
2. Add coconut milk and broth. Bring to a boil then add vegetables and simmer until cooked through, about 10 minutes. You can keep your veggies crunchier, just reduce cooking time.
3. Evenly pour the broth into each bowl. Sprinkle with chili pepper. Add a lime wedge to each bowl and serve immediately.