Settle in for the night with this super simple coconut chicken curry that gets to the table quickly for a tremendously satisfying meal.
Ingredients list for the Coconut Curry Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion
- Fresh ginger, to taste, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Cilantro leaves
- 1 small red chili pepper (optional)
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
1. Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook until crisp and browned, about 4 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Don’t stir the chicken while cooking.
2. Transfer the chicken to a plate and return the pan to the heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes. Reduce to medium heat, add minced ginger and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds more.
3. Stir in the chicken broth and scrape up any browned bits in the pan. Return the chicken to the pan and bring the broth to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add shredded coconut and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and few slices of chili pepper. Serve with white, brown or jasmine rice.