Homemade candy is always better for you right? So here’s a quick and healthy solution for getting your chocolate candy fix, without any effort or mess in the kitchen. A rich, dark chocolate base topped with a layer of creamy coconut buttercream, a pure delight to serve for coffee!
Ingredients: Chocolate Coconut Mounds Bars
- 2/3 pound (300g) of 70% dark chocolate, crushed
- 3/4 cup (100g) icing sugar
- 2/5 cup (100g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cup (300g) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 1/3 cups (250g) grated coconut
1. Melt gently the chocolate in a double boiler.
2. Pour melted chocolate in a small square or rectangular pan (lined with parchment paper if you want) and let set in the refrigerator.
3. Meanwhile combine softened butter and sugar. Add the condensed milk and coconut and mix well.
4. Spread the coconut mixture over the chocolate. Make an even layer using a spatula or frosting knife and place the dish back into the fridge for 5 hours minimum.
5. When ready to serve, gently lift the chocolate bar off the pan using a spatula or knife, place on a large cutting board, and slice with your biggest and sharpest knife.
(Photography: Veronica Brandy)