In the morning, nothing goes better with a steaming cup of hot coffee than a fluffy donut or a hot moist muffin. But today you won’t have to choose between these two breakfast comfort foods! These mini donut-muffins hybrids are quick and easy to make and develop a wonderful cinnamon aroma with a fluffy texture. As they are baked rather than fried like a regular donut, you won’t feel guilty to enjoy more than one!
Ingredients list for the mini muffins
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: about 24 mini muffins
- 1 egg
- 5 tablepoons (75g) softened butter
- 1/3 cup (60g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (60g) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (180ml) buttermilk
- 1 2/3 cups (160g) of flour (130g wheat flour and 30g wholemeal flour)
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or vanilla extract
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
- 3 1/2 tablespoons (50g) melted butter
- 1/3 cup (60g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F(180°C)
2. In a bowl combine eggs, sugar, and vanilla until your obtain a clear and homogeneous mixture (about 3 minutes). Add buttermilk.
3. In another bowl sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder. Gradually stir in the first mixture. Don’t mix too much. The batter should be fairly thick.
4. Divide the dough into floured mini muffin pans or a silicon mini muffin pan. Fill each cavity about 3/4-full. Bake for 10 minutes (more or less, depending on size of your muffins). A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Remove from oven and wait for 10 minutes before removing from the pans and allow to cool on a rack.
5. Melt the butter for the coating and pour into a shallow plate or bowl. In another shallow plate, combine sugar and cinnamon.
6. When the muffins are almost cold, quickly dip the mini muffin into melted butter then coat with sugar and cinnamon. These muffins are best fresh but you can keep them for up to 3 days.