Need a last-minute gift idea? This black tea mix is fairly simple to put together, very cheap, and looks lovely. It is a deliciously fun homemade gift for the winter holidays and you can keep a few on hand for hostess gifts as well. With dried citrus and spices, the mix turns out wonderfully sweet and spicy and I bet you’ll find yourself enjoying more than one cup in the morning.
Ingredients list for the Christmas tea
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) of black tea
- 1/2 orange
- 1/2 lemon
- 6 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla pod
1. Peel the superficial skin (without the white pith) of the orange and lemon with a vegetable peeler. Dry the zests in you preheated oven at 210°F (100°C) for 30 minutes. Let cool, then cut into small pieces.
2. Meanwhile, chop cloves and cinnamon coarsely with a mortar and pestle.
3. Split the vanilla pod lengthwise, then in 1 inch sections.
4. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour into a confectionner bag. Then slide it into a cute packaging.
I ‘m sure your friends will enjoy drinking a cup of fragrant tea, knowing that it is you who concocted it just for them!
Nina L. Palmer