I suggest you try these Christmas spritz cookies as soon as possible; they are absolutely irresistible. First, because of the visual appeal of the pastry bag, but also for their delicious flavor of vanilla butter.
Ingredients list for the Christmas spritz cookies
For 60 cookies (or slightly more):
- 1 cup (150g) of icing sugar
- 9 ounces (250g) soft butter
- 1/2 cup (120ml) of milk at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla pod
- 3 3/4 cup (375g) of sifted flour
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
1. Using a spatula, work the softened butter and icing sugar until you get a homogeneous and very flexible mixture. Add milk and vanilla extract then whisk.
2. Split the vanilla bean and scrape the inside to get the seeds you stir in the mixture, then add the flour. Mix well.
3. Using a pastry bag with a decorative tip, draw the shape of a rod (like a question mark). Allow to dry for half an hour (so the fluted printed pattern remains visible after baking) and bake in preheated oven at 360°f (180°c) for 15 to 20 minutes.
Enjoy your Christmas spritz cookies with a cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolate!
Christmas Spritz Cookies recipe Inspired by TropChou !