Start your day strong with this healthy apple kale salad with Omelet for breakfast. Simple and delicious, it provides delicious nutrition and energy to keep you strong all day. The real food your body needs!
Ingredients list for the Apple Kale Salad with Omelet
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup (65ml) red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus additional as needed
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground fresh black pepper, plus additional as needed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 leaves of kale, thinly chopped, 4 to 6 cups (you can use a herb scissor)
- 1/2 apple, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 8 eggs (2 per person)
- 1 bouillon cube, crumbled
1. In a small bowl, combine the red onions, water, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to develop. Add olive oil to the vinegar mixture. Mix vigorously (or shake) to combine. Adjust seasoning if needed.
2. In a large bowl, combine the kale, tomato and apple. Toss with enough dressing to coat, and season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
3.Break the eggs two by two in separate bowls and beat slightly, adding a little pinch of crumbled bouillon cube. Cook the omelets one by one and lay into each plates. Cover with the salad and additional vinaigrette; then serve immediately.