I think that, in some occasions, there’s nothing better than reading a good book and having something deliciously sweet and crunchy to dip into a hot cup of tea or coffee. If this appeals to you, these chocolate chips breadstick are just the ideal answer! Flavored with orange and dark chocolate, they are also perfect to accompany a dessert with yogurt or cottage cheese.
Makes 14 breadsticks:
- 1 cup (100g) all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tablespoon (40g) of sugar
- Zest of one large orange, finely grated
- 2/3 oz (20g) butter, diced and softened
- 2 tablespoons (30mL) of cold water
- Dark chocolate chips, 70% cocoa, semisweet (crushed dark chocolate is ok too, but the chips won’t be even)
- Powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C).
2. Finely grate the orange zest. Combine with sugar in a bowl and set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine flour, orange flavored sugar, softened butter with your fingertips.
4. Add water to form a a ball of dough. Divide the ball into 14 smaller balls each.
5. Make rolls 6 to 7-inch (16 to 18cm) length. Kids will be happy to do this for you!
6. Transfer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Press dark chocolate chips on the breadsticks.
8. Sprinkle a little powdered sugar and bake at 360°F (180°C) for about 15 minutes.
9. Chocolate chips breadsticks should be golden without turning brown. Let cool on a wire rack.
(Photos by Gaelle)