Chickpea salad with cod — For those who want to marry freshness with a satisfying meal, here is a chickpea salad with a fresh cod fillet. This “full meal” salad will satisfy hungry ones during these warm days of spring and summer!
Ingredients list for the chickpeas and cod salad
Serves 2 :
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 large cod fillet or 2 small ones (about 1/2 lb – 200g)
- 1/2 lb (250g) canned chickpeas
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cube stock for fish (usually lemon, white wine, olive oil)
- 5 sprigs of cilantro
- 3 spring onions
1. In a saucepan, heat a large volume of water with the fish broth. When the water boils, plunge in the cod and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces. Take it out with a skimmer so as not to spoil the cod, and leave to cool.
2. Peel and chop the spring onions and shallots. Wash and chop the cilantro.
3. In a large bowl, prepare the sauce: mix the oil, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and then add the shallot, spring onions and cilantro.
4. Wash the tomatoes, dice them and add to the bowl.
5. Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add them to the bowl.
6. Remove the skin and bones from the cod and crumble slightly using a fork. Add into the bowl with the other ingredients. Mix well and refrigerate before serving.
(Previously published May 2, 2013)