This spicy chicken tacos recipe will definitely help answer the age-old question “What am I going to cook for dinner tonight?” Bursting with flavor and on the table in less than 15 minutes, these quick chicken tacos are perfect for these busy weeknights when there’s only leftovers in the refrigerator!
Ingredients list for the chicken tacos
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (this baked chicken recipe’s leftover will be perfect!)
- 1 package small flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1 small chili pepper, sliced (optional)
- Fresh lime wedges
Balsamic, Honey Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- 1/2 cup (125ml) sour cream (you can lighten it with yogurt)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Chili pepper powder or cajun seasoning, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place your small tortillas on a plate or flat work surface, feel free to double them. Portion the avocado evenly between the tortillas. Then top each tortilla with an even portion of the chicken, red onion, cilantro and chili.
2. Drizzle each tacos with the dressing, then sprinkle on optional toppings if desired. Serve immediately.
Note: Toss the avocado dices in a bowl with a few tablespoons of lime or lemon juice to prevent them from browning. If you like your tacos warm, just heat the tortillas in the microwave for 20 seconds and briefly re-heat the chicken in a skillet.