“A small chicken salad full and crisp, perfectly combining cucumber , peaches , endive, onions, arugula and diced chicken . Serve at the end of the meal, before the cheese, salad or as a complement to a small but delicious quick lunch. “
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Chicken Salad With Peaches And Cucumbers
- 1 cucumber
- 3 peaches
- 2 chicken breasts (cooked)
- 1 red endive
- 2 handfuls of roquette salad
- ½ red onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Black pepper from the mill
- Ingredients for the vinaigrette:
- 5 tablespoons of hazelnut oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preparation: Chicken Salad With Peaches And Cucumber
Prepare the dressing:
- Mix in a bowl all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Then book it cool.
Prepare the salad:
- Cut chicken breasts into small cubes. Then reheat in a pan (low heat) with olive oil. Salt and pepper to adjust the seasoning.
- Mix well and cook over very low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Then book diced chicken on a plate after removing from pan.
- Peel and finely chop the red onion. Book.
- Clean the cucumber under cold water, then cut into thin slices. Book.
- Peel peaches, cut in half and remove cores, then detail each peach half into 6 districts. Book.
- Clean, wash and spin dry the arugula. Book.
- Clean the endive and red leaf through (keeping the leaves whole).
Place all ingredients in a bowl, add the diced chicken and coat everything with the vinaigrette.
Mix well, then divide the salad on small dessert plates.
Ideas, tips & tricks
A “trick” to easily peel peaches: plunge 15 to 20 seconds in boiling water, then go right after them for 5 seconds under cold water. The skin will be much easier to remove.