These grilled chicken bruschetta are so amazing–with fresh tomatoes, basil, pine nuts and a tangy sweet balsamic glaze on top, it is a winner for a weeknight dinner for two. Not only it is quick to make, but it is also delicious!
Ingredients list for the chicken bruschetta
- 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, halved horizontally to make 4 fillets
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning (dried oregano, basil, rosemary, and thyme)
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Shredded fresh basil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar + 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
1. Heat balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until mixture has thickened and reduced to a syrupy consistency.
2. Season chicken fillets with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Heat oil in a skillet, and sear chicken fillets over medium heat until browned on both sides and cooked through. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, olive oil and a pinch of salt. Top each chicken fillet with the tomato salsa and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and more basil if needed. Drizzle the balsamic reduction on top and serve immediately. Enjoy! ♡