Refreshing, sweet, and delicious, this cherry limeade is a definite crowd pleaser, perfect for sipping and cooling down on a hot afternoon! Kids will love this easy refresher while adults will appreciate a slightly spiked version with a dash of gin. We hope you’ll love it as much as we do!
Ingredients list for the cherry limeade
- 6 fresh cherries, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 oz (60ml) fresh lime juice
- 2 oz (60ml) cherry simple syrup
- Chilled club soda, sparkling water or simply water
- Crushed ice
For the cherry simple syrup
- 1 cup (190g) of granulated white sugar
- 1 cup (240ml) of water
- 20 fresh cherries, pitted
The simple syrup
1. Combine all the ingredients into a medium saucepan and place over medium-high heat until a simmer, stirring occasionally.
2. Once at a simmer, cook for 8-10 minutes, until all the sugar has dissolved and the cherries have softened. Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
3. Smash the cherries in the saucepan with a potato masher and then pass through a strainer set over a bowl. Allow to cool completely and transfer to an air-tight container and chill. You can keep the syrup for 1 week, up to 10 days.
1. Muddle together the fresh cherries and lime juice in a cocktail shaker or a large glass.
2. Fill 2 or 3 tumbler glasses with crushed ice and strain the lime & cherry mixture into the glass through a small strainer.
3. Add the cherry simple syrup and top with club soda. Stir gently, and garnish with 1-2 lime slices.
Note: It’s a delicious mocktail for the non drinkers or kids, but it really benefits from a dash of gin.