The clafoutis is a timeless dessert classic. Here I propose a simple cherry clafoutis to which I add just a little melted butter and rum.
Ingredients: cherry clafoutis recipe
- 1 cup (100 g) of flour
- 1/4 cup (50 g) of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) of milk
- 2 tbsp (30 g) of butter
- 1/2 tablespoon rum
- 10 ounces (300 g) of black cherry
- A little icing sugar
Note: the quantities are valid for 4 ramekins.
Cherry clafoutis recipe
1. Melt over low heat or in double boiler butter cut in pieces.
2. Sift the flour into a large bowl.
3. Add the caster sugar, mix and form a fountain.
4. Add eggs and start mixing with sugar and flour.
5. When the mixture becomes too difficult to work, add the milk gradually while incorporating flour and sugar.
6. Finally, add the remaining milk while mixing.
7. Add cold melted butter and mix (keep some to grease the mold or ramekins).
8. Add rum or brandy if you like (it’s optional).
Preheat oven to 360°F (180°C).
9. Wash and stem cherries.
10. Butter the mold(s) or ramekins with a brush.
Note: Nothing stops you from pitting the cherries.
11. Divide the cherries between the mold(s) or ramekins.
12. Add the batter to half the height of the containers. Not more, because it swells when cooked and it could overflow.
13. Bake at 360°F (180°C) for 45 to 50 minutes.
14. You can sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
So what do you think of this cherry clafoutis recipe?
Read also: chocolate fondue set