If you need a repertoire of delicious appetizers that don’t take a lot of time or complicated ingredients to make for the holiday season, try these cheesy bacon wrapped dates! They are so easy to throw together and the combination of crispy bacon with naturally sweet dates and creamy cheese in the middle is irresistible!
Ingredients list for the bacon wrapped dates
- 16 slices of bacon
- 16 dates
- Any cheese you like (cheddar, mozzarella, goat cheese…)
Spicy Baked Chicken Tenders
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC). With a sharp knife slice the dates lengthwise to create an opening and remove the pit.
2. Stuff a small amount of cheese into the cavity and press the sides together to close.
3. Wrap each date with a slice of bacon and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 8-10 minutes.
4. Return the dates so they bake evenly for another 5-8 minutes, until crisp and browned to your liking. Occasionally you can absorb bacon fat from the pan with a paper towel to avoid spilling.
5. Remove from the oven, skewer each date with a toothpick and place on a plate lined with paper towel. Allow to drain for 5 minutes before transferring to a serving platter. You can serve with a spicy sauce to dip.