Here is a simple and delicious recipe for a cauliflower fricassee. All the ingredients of this recipe are readily available everywhere. You can prepare this quick and healthy vegetable dish in advance, because you can reheat it easily. Serve the cauliflower fricassee as a side dish with shells or meat.
Ingredient list for the cauliflower fricassee
- 1 small cauliflower
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- 1 pinch of Espelette
- Salt and pepper
1. Wash the cauliflower. Break it down into small pieces (florets).
2. Heat a frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil, add the cauliflower brown a few minutes. Add half a glass of water and cook until evaporated.
3. Then add the garlic, shallots and chili. Let brown a few minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add the chopped parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice. Check the seasoning then keep aside.
5. Just before serving, reheat the cauliflower and divide into individual plates.
(Image Dominique Sauvages)