Let’s talk about a food crush. Cauliflower rice or couscous is a light and fluffy grain-free alternative to wheat couscous, rice and even pasta. Topped with a flavorful Bolognese sauce, this recipe is simple, full of flavor and crunch: perfect to squeeze into your weeknight meal rotation!
Ingredients list for the Cauliflower Rice with Bolognese Sauce
The cauliflower rice
- 1 head cauliflower, any size
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter, optional
- Salt, optional
One-Pan Cajun Chicken with Potatoes
The Bolognese sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 pound (500g) ground beef
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add tomato paste and stir well to coat onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes more, stirring constantly.
2. Stir in diced tomatoes, ground cinnamon and cloves. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 510 minutes. Then add beef , stir well to break the meat apart and simmer over low heat until sauce has thickened, minimum 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Meanwhile, cut the head of cauliflower into florets. If the core is tender, you can chop it into pieces and add it with the florets.
5. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil or butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the cauliflower rice, sprinkle with a little salt and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, until the rice is as tender as you like. Serve immediately, topped with hot bolognese sauce and chopped fresh basil. Enjoy!