Sometimes the most nourishing foods are also the most simple and easy to make. Add a little brightness to your table with this easy and surprisingly delicious carrot, fennel, and orange soup! Surprising, balanced, and bright in flavor, this soup is a great source of the antioxidant beta-carotene, and it comes together in less than an hour, prep included. It works best when it is puréed until perfectly smooth. Just call it orange soup and your kids will totally be into it!
Ingredients list for carrot, fennel and orange soup
Serve 4 :
- 1 1/3 lb (600g) carrots
- 1lb (400g) of fennel
- 1 orange
- 4 cups (1 liter) of water
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 cup (10cl) of liquid cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fleur de sel, salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Wash the vegetables and peel the carrots. Cut the vegetables into pieces (a good cut for soups is the paysanne cut). Peel and mince garlic.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add fennel and cook for ten minutes over low heat. Add carrots and garlic and cook for one minute. Add water, salt and cover. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and cook for about 25 minutes.
3. Mix finely with an immersion blender, then add cream, freshly squeezed orange juice, pepper and, if necessary, a little salt.
4. When serving, season to taste with a little black pepper and salt.