With this weather, we really need something amazingly fresh to beat the heat! If you have huge fans of sorbet at home, this cantaloupe sorbet is definitely something you want to try. Nothing could be simpler and more refreshing than this fruity iced delicacy. Make this fragrant sorbet recipe at home for a gourmet dessert… or use it as the ultimate afternoon cooler!
Ingredient list for the cantaloupe sorbet recipe
For a little more than 1 pint (1/2 liter) of sorbet:
- 1 lb (450 g) of Cantaloupe flesh
- 1/3 cup (65 g) of sugar – adjust the amount, depending on the ripeness and quality of the melon
- 2 tablespoons of light corn syrup
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or 1 lime
1. Cut the melon in half. Scoop the seeds with a spoon. Cut off the rind with a sharp knife and discard. Cut the cantaloupe in cubes and place into your blender. Mix to get a smooth puree, almost liquid.
2. Place the sugar and 1/2 cup of water in a saucepan over medium heat to make a syrup. Heat until the sugar has melted and the mixture has come to boil, don’t whisk. Remove from heat and let sit for about 10 minutes.
3. Combine the syrup with cantaloupe puree, add corn sugar and citrus juice. Stir well. Adjust the amount of sugar if needed. Cover with a plastic wrap and leave to chill completely in your refrigerator.
4. Process in your ice cream maker, following the instructions of the manufacturer. The sorbet should have a soft texture. Count about 45 minutes.
5. Put into the freezer until ready to serve (2-3h minimum) and let sit a few minutes at room temperature before serving.
- The amount of sugar/syrup is to be adapted depending on the quality of the melon (more or less fragrant – sweet).
- Pour this sorbet into ice pop molds, kids will thank you!