Ohhhh, my god. Even the name just sounds delicious. As much as I love food and enjoy all the food I make, there are a handful of dishes that stand out among the others as stellar. This Butternut Squash Bread is one of those dishes. I think you’re gonna want to hug me after you try this recipe.
Butternut squash isn’t just something you can have for dinner. In fact, you can use this healthy fall produce in numerous ways, such as in quick breads! Its deep, sweet, nutty flavor always brings so much richness to a dish, and I tend to get a little too excited about the gorgeous color it adds as well! Enjoy your favorite squash in a new way with this recipe, just perfect for Holidays!
Ingredient list for the butternut squash bread
For a 9″x 5″ loaf pan:
- 2/3 (155mL) of sunflower oil
- 2 1/3 cup (230g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 cup (220g) of brown sugar
- Zest of one orange
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) shelled hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup (80g) raisins
- 2/3 lb (260g) grated butternut squash
- 3 eggs
For the icing:
- 1 oz (25g) softened butter
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) Philadelphia
- 1/2 cup (75g) icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C).
2. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, spices, sugar, zest and grated butternut, raisins and nuts.
3. In another large bowl, beat the egg like an omelet and gradually add the oil.
4. Pour the eggs and oil mixture into the first bowl and mix with a wooden spoon.
5. Pour mixture into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 1 hour. To check the doneness, pick the bread with a knife, it should come out clean. 7. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
1. Pour the butter into a mixer bowl and whisk. Add the Philadelphia cheese and whisk to obtain an homogeneous mixture.
2. Add the sugar gradually, then orange juice, and whisk.
3. You can decorate your cake with either a pastry bag or simply by spreading the frosting with a knife or a spatula. Store in a cool place. You can sprinkle crushed brittle to decorate and add some crunch.