Garlic Butter Bulgur Risotto — A quick and easy weeknight meal! This ravishing twist on classic Risotto loaded with fragrant herbs features bulgur instead of rice for a flavorful dish packed with nutrients.
Ingredients List for Herb Butter Bulgur Risotto
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces uncooked bulgur
- 1/2 white onion, minced
- 3½ or 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth (or water + 1 bouillon cube)
- A splash of dry white wine (optional)
- 2-3 cups parsley, minced (or other herbs if you want)
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- A pinch of chili powder
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add the bulgur and toss with butter, garlic and onion for a minute or two until coated. Add a splash of white wine if you want.
2. Add 1 cup of chicken or vegetable broth and stir gently with a wooden spoon. Simmer gently until most of the liquid has evaporated, then add another half cup. Repeat this process over about 15-20 minutes until the bulgur is almost completely soft, and the whole thing takes on a creamy texture.
3. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper; add herbs and toss to combine. Top generously with Parmesan and chili powder if you want.