Need a quick dinner full of fresh flavors? Then this roasted tomato pie with pesto and mozzarella is definitely what you’re looking for: It’s fast, scrumptious, fresh, flaky and totally crowd pleasing! Perfect when you want a quick dinner at home that everyone will like, without the fuss. Try it now!
Ingredient list for the Roasted Tomato Pie
For a large mold 11 inches (28cm) diameter:
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 6/7 oblong tomatoes (Torino here)
- 1/2 lb (250g) mozzarella
- 2 large tablespoons of pesto
- Salt and pepper
Preheat your oven at 360°F (180°C)
1. Wash tomatoes under cold running water.
2. Take 2 tomatoes and peel them, using the blanching technique.
3. Cut the peeled tomatoes and cook them into a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Stop the cooking when all liquid is evaporated. Add pesto and mix. Keep aside.
4. Slice remaining tomatoes and place them on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; let rest a few minutes while you slice mozzarella.
5. Place the puff pastry sheet on a large tart pan. Spread with pesto and the reduced tomatoes paste from step 3. Top the pie with tomatoes and mozzarella slices.
6. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden. Remove from oven, allow to cool a bit before serving.
Get more puff pastry recipes ideas
- Puff Pastry Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- Ham and Cheese Pizza Roll-Ups
- Ham Cheese & Spinach Puffs
- Puff Pastry Bell Pepper Poppers
- Carrot Mushroom Turkey Hand Pies
- Roasted Tomato Pie with Pesto & Mozzarella
- Easy Pizza Croissants
- Salmon Tomato Puff Pastry Pizza
- Tuna & Cheese Puff Sticks
- Sweet Puff Bread
- Chocolate Chips Puff Pastry Sticks
- Pork Empanadas with White Wine
- Salmon Pie with Potatoes & Spinach
- Elephant Ears Puff Pastry
- Olives and Tomatoes Puff Twists