Tere’s almost no other dish that will provide you with endless amounts of nutrients as well as a warm comfort than a hearty vegetable soup. For an intimate dinner party or a family weeknight dinner, this healthy soup recipe will wow your guests with wonderful fall aromas. It is simple, easy to prepare and goes very well with toasted bread. Leeks being the backbone of this vegetable-rich soup, feel free to season to taste with garlic, fresh parsley, or a shot of wine. I encourage you to experiment with this recipe by using whatever vegetables you have available. For a chunkier version prepare it without puréeing.
Preparation Time: 10 min – Cooking time: 40 min
Ingredients list: vegetable soup recipe
- 2 leeks
- 4 carrots
- 2 potatoes
- 1 onion
- Vegetable stock
1. Wash, peel and chop the vegetables (onion too).
2. Put them in a saucepan, cover with water, add the cube stock.
3. Cook the broth for about 45 minutes.
4. Mix everything, the easiest way is to use a hand blender, directly into the pot.
5. Season if necessary. You can add a dash of cream, croutons, and saffron.