Whether it’s for sipping this evening or whipping up for an impromptu party, this beet and carrot cocktail is both unique and unexpected. Mix beet juice, carrot juice and a kick of gin and honey for an healthy cocktail that’s not only delicious, but that also takes on that beautiful deep red color.
Ingredients list for the beet cocktail
- 1 cup (250ml) of fresh beet juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of fresh carrot juice
- 3 oz (90ml) gin or vodka
- Honey, to taste
- Soda or sparkling water for topping off (optional)
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Mix the beet juice, carrot juice, honey, and gin together and pour over two glasses filled with ice, or keep in the refrigerator in a pitcher.
2. Top off with soda water and serve immediately
Note: If you don’t have a juicer, cut the beets and carrot into dices then puree with a blender. Add about 3/4 cup water then filter through a fine mesh strainer. It’s better to juice the vegetables separately so you can adjust the juices based on how strong you want your beet flavor and carrot flavor.