If you’re looking for a quick recipe for one or two on a week night, this asian inspired beef noodle stir fry does the job perfectly. The beef flavors combine with stir-fried strips of black mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli, and red pepper for a fragrant mix. Rice noodles are light in flavor and their texture soak up the savory, beefy juices in the rest of the dish and make an ideal base for this bold stir-fry.
Ingredients for the beef noodle stir-fry with vegetable
- 7oz (200g) of rice noodles
- 2 slices of rump steak
- 1 large carrot
- 1 zucchini
- Some broccoli florets
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 handful of dried black mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1 handful of coriander leaves, washed and coarsely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped and washed
- 1 cup (20cl) chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce (we used Nuoc Mam here)
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Oven Baked Mashed Potato Cakes
1. Soak the black mushrooms. Meanwhile peel, wash and cut carrots into cubes. Wash the zucchini and pepper and dice them. Wash the broccoli florets. Peel and mince garlic, ginger and onion.
2. In a large skillet or wok, heat a little olive oil and sauté the onion, garlic and ginger.
3. When the onion is translucent, add the vegetables and cook for 10 minutes, covered over medium heat.
4. Meanwhile, in another skillet or wok, fry the slices of meat, 2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and cut into strips.
5. When the soaked mushrooms are very tender, drain and add to vegetables in the skillet.
6. Cook noodles according to package directions, rinse under cold water and drain.
7. Make the sauce: In a small saucepan, heat the chicken broth, add soy sauce, Nuoc Mam, rice vinegar and oyster sauce.
8. Dilute the cornflour with a little sauce, lower the heat and stir cornstarch in remaining sauce. Set aside.
9. Add the meat, noodles and sauce to the vegetable, cook over low heat for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
10. Serve into dishes and sprinkle with coriander and chopped spring onion.