What’s better than a refreshing drink these days? It’s not summer yet but we can feel a radical change after all this rain and bad weather. So, I concocted a divinely good drink – a deliciously refreshing homemade lemonade flavored with basil. It’s a delight and a perfect freshness! Prepare yourself to make some more, because kids and family members will fight over it, for sure!
Ingredients for lemonade
- 4 cups (1L) of fresh water
- Juice of 3 beautiful bio lemons
- Slices of 1 organic lemon
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1/3 lb (150g) sugar
1. Start by preparing the sugar syrup: Into a saucepan, pour the sugar and water. Heat until it turns a very light color and has a slightly syrupy texture. Leave to chill until completely cooled.
2. Squeeze lemons and extract the juice. Filter.
3. In a large bottle, pour 1 liter of cold water and lemon juice.
4. Chop the basil and add it to the bottle.
5. Gradually pour the sugar syrup. Taste regularly until it suits. Shake well.
6. Put 4-5 ice cubes in each glass and two slices of lemon. Pour lemonade and enjoy the drink!