If you don’t always feel like eating breakfast, this healthy banana strawberry and almond smoothie is an incredibly delicious, creamy alternative. Think of it as your breakfast in just a glass! The almond extract is optional, but it lightens up the flavor and makes it taste like a treat. Fell free to use raspberries or blackberries if you don’t have strawberries at hand.
Ingredients list for the Banana Berry Smoothie
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped roughly
- 6 strawberries (or raspberries, blackberries)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla or banana flavored protein powder
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 spoonfuls flax seed
- 5 tablespoons Greek or natural set yoghurt
- Honey to taste (or agave nectar, maple syrup)
- 10 grams flaked almonds, to garnish
- A tiny drop of almond extract (optional)
Mix all ingredients in a blender (apart from flaked almonds).
Pour into a glass, garnish with flaked almonds and drink immediately.
Note: you can freeze banana chunks the day before, you’ll obtain a delicious frozen treat!