A generous chocolate swirl complements the banana flavor. The result is moist, full of flavor and it keeps very well. You should totally eat this for breakfast, especially when you’re in a rush. It’s a healthy treat!
Preparation: 20 min
Cooking: 50-55 min
Ingredients list for the chocolate banana bread
- 2 1/3 cups (230g) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (110g) white granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp milk
- 2 1/3 oz (65g) dark chocolate (optional, if you want a marbled bread)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tbsp baking soda
- 1/4 btsp salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 oz (110g – 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 large ripe bananas (about 1lb – 450g)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C) and place the rack in the middle. Grease and flour the bottom and sides of a regular loaf pan (approx. 23 x 13 x 8 cm). Keep aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add milk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Fold the wet ingredients (banana mixture) into the dry ingredients until smooth with the help of a silicon spatula or a wooden spoon. Do not mix too much, otherwise the banana bread has a rubbery consistency.
5. Melt the chocolate in the microwave on medium power. Then let it cool slightly. Add the chocolate in half the batter and mix. Pour the chocolate mixture into the pan, then add the mixture with bananas.
6. Mix roughly with a thin spatula or knife from top to bottom to create the marbled effect. Bake until the banana bread is golden brown. Pick with toothpick, it should come out clean. It should take about 50-55 minutes. Place on a wire rack and let cool. You can freeze this bread very easily for later.