Ingredient list for Baked Stuffed Eggplant
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 small piece of pepper (to your taste)
- 1 large tomato
- 2/3 cup (100g) of tomato sauce (homemade tomato sauce recipe here)
- 4 small eggs
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh cilantro
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C).
2. Wash and pat dry the eggplants and cut them in half.
3. Oil the cut face and bake for about 25 minutes.
4. Allow to cool slightly, then gently scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Set the skin aside.
5. While baking the eggplants, sauté finely chopped onion in a pan with a little oil. Then add garlic and chili pepper, finely chopped.
6. Add cumin. Sauté a few moments.
7. Finally add the diced tomato, the tomato sauce and eggplant flesh. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Reduce for about 5 minutes over low heat.
9. Spoon the stuffing into the eggplant skins. Make a little dig in the middle.
10. Break an egg over and bake in the oven for about 7 minutes. Check when the white is set and yolk runny.
11. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve hot with a slice of bread.