Sriracha baked chicken – chicken thighs coated with a spicy sriracha sauce, spices, and a handful of fresh cilantro. Simple, vibrant, and full of rich flavor. Pair it with rice, it’s simply amazing for a healthy dinner.
Ingredients list the Roasted Sriracha Chicken
- 6 skin-on, chicken thighs
Ham Cheese & Spinach Puffs
For the marinade:
- 1 knob ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
For the garnish
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C), grill or broiler mode. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking. Arrange chicken thighs into the skillet, skin side down, and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-high; continue cooking skin side down, until skin is golden brown, about 12 minutes. Be careful not to burn the chicken, otherwise it will taste bitter.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the marinade: in a shallow dish or large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sauce.
3. Transfer chicken into the marinade and coat well on each side. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
4. Transfer chicken into a oven-proof skillet or a rimmed baking dish, skin side up, and cook in the bottom of the oven for 20-25 minutes on grill or broiler, until skin crisps and meat is cooked through. Rub the skin with a little of the remaining marinade after 15 minutes of cooking. Allow to rest covered for 5 minutes before serving, garnished with cilantro and lime wedges.
Note: If you have remaining marinade left, cook it quickly under the broiler in a cast iron skillet or small baking pan, until slightly reduced. You can serve it along with chicken, it’s delicious.