This is an holiday version of the classic baked egg en cocotte with a vegetarian twist. Cajun spices and parsley just jazz these mushrooms and eggs right up! Serve up with crusty buttered toasts that you guests will dip into this creamy deliciousness.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Ingredients list for the baked eggs
- 1 tablespoon (15g) butter, + extra to grease
- 1 tablespoon cajun spice blend
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- 7 oz (200g) button mushrooms
- 8 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons cream
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Buttered bread toasts, to serve (herbed butter recipe here)
Spicy Baked Chicken Tenders
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Heat the butter in a small pan and quickly fry the spices, then sauté the mushrooms until golden. Add parslsey and cook one minute more, until wilted. Season to taste and set aside. Butter 2 deep ramekins and crack in two eggs and season with salt, then add 2 tablespoon cream to each ramekin.
3. Arrange the ramekins in a roasting pan and pour in enough boiling water to come about halfway up each ramekin. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, until the eggs are just set but the yolks are still runny. Add sauteed mushrooms and parsley on top then bake for 5-10 minutes more. Serve hot with toasted bread.