These quick and easy beef meatballs with a fresh cucumber yogurt sauce make for a perfect weeknight dinner, full of delicious asian flavors. Serve with toothpicks if you make them for cocktail appetizers!
Ingredients list for the cilantro meatballs
For the meatballs:
- 1 lb (500g) lean ground beef
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 coffee spoon chili powder (optional)
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (30g) all-purpose flour
- Pink peppercorns (optional)
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
For the dipping sauce:
- 1 yogurt
- 1 small cucumber, finely diced
1. Preheat your oven to 440°F (230°C).
2. Beat the egg with cilantro, spring onion, spices and a pinch of salt. Then combine with ground meat.
3. Lightly oil your fingers and palms and use a tablespoon to scoop up the beef mixture to make regular sized meatballs.
4. Lightly flour the meatballs and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
5. Mix yogurt and cucumber to make the dipping sauce in a bowl and serve together with beef meatballs, sprinkled with pink peppercorns. Serve with rice, tomatoes and a few cilantro leaves.