Chicken strips with roasted vegetables: This typical summer dish has it all: fragrant, spicy and light! Its big advantage is that you don’t have to worry about preparation as it’s ridiculously simple and requires almost no surveillance when cooking. With these spicy and colorful vegetables this is the perfect summer all-in-one meal to add color to your plate.
Ingredients list for Chicken Strips and Roasted Vegetables
- 1 1/3 lbs (600g) of chicken strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil + 2 tbsp for vegetables
- 1 csp paprika
- 2 beautiful zucchini, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 large tomatoes cut into large dices
- 2 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- Basil leaves
- Salt and ground pepper
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. In a salad bowl, put chicken strips to marinate with 2 tbsp of olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper. Wrap in plastic film and refrigerate for 2 hours. Do the same with vegetables, garlic and chopped basil.
2. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C). Place the vegetables and chicken on a baking sheet or a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 45 minutes and return the chicken strips and vegetables halfway through the cooking — add 1/2 cup water if needed.
Enjoy your roastd chicken strips and vegetables!
(This recipe was originally published on June 24th, 2013)