Healthy and flavorful—this is your new go-to breakfast! Tomato, scallion, ham, mozzarella and eggs make a flavorful combination in an open-faced sandwich version of your favorite pizza. A sure hit for a gourmet breakfast.
Ingredients list for the breakfast pizza toasts
- 2 large or 4 medium country bread slices
- Olive oil
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 ball Mozzarella (about ⅓ cup), cut in pieces
- 2 slices of cooked ham
- 2 eggs
- 1 scallion, chopped (or cilantro)
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Hot sauce (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 480°F (250°C).
2. Lightly toast the bread and place on a pizza stone or baking sheet. If your bread slices are too small to make one serving, join two slices together. Drizzle bread slices with olive oil.
3. Place tomatoes on the bread, covering as much of the surface as possible. Top tomatoes with sliced scallion and arrange mozzarella over the tomatoes, try to make a small well in the center, this will help keeping the egg from running.
4. Arrange the ham around the well. Slice and arrange as you see fit.
5. Crack the egg into the well. Sprinkle salt and black pepper and bake for about 10 minutes or until the egg looks cooked.
6. Take out of the oven garnish with chopped scallion greens and hot sauce. Season to taste and serve warm. Enjoy!