Just wrap fish fillets in a savory layer of smoked bacon and get a crisp fish roast that smells wonderfully in the kitchen. Even the pickiest fish eater will dive into this dish!
Ingredients list for the roasted bacon wrapped fish
- 4 white fish fillets cut into halves (cod, tilapia, halibut, monkfish, sea bass, bream…)
- 15 to 20 strips of smoked bacon
- Olive oil
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Crumbled vegetable bouillon cube (optional)
- Pink peppercorns (optional)
Creamy Four Cheese Spinach Butternut Squash
Pre-heat the oven at 390°F (200°C).
1. Lay the bacon on a board, slightly overlapping and put the fish fillets in the centre.
2. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, crumbled bouillon cube, pink peppercorns. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with dill.
3. Wrap the fish with bacon so that it holds together quite firmly and tie with kitchen twine.
4. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment pepper, drizzle with olive oil and grill in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Check often so that the fish doesn’t dry up.
5. Make beautiful slices and serve with a crisp green salad seasoned with aromatic herbs and grapefruit chunks.
Notes: You can use any white fish in this recipe, such as sea bass, halibut, or haddock.