This avocado chicken salad is crunchy, healthy and filling all at the same time! It’s full of fresh veggies, uses an avocado-peanut vinaigrette instead the classic mayonnaise, and gets its creamy texture from healthy avocado. Such amazing combinations in a bowl!
- 1 lb (450g) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups chopped Napa cabbage
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 radicchio, chopped (optional)
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
The avocado peanut dressing
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- Juice of one 1/2 lime
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Marinate the chicken: In a large bowl, combine honey, lime juice, soy sauce, and pepper. Marinate chicken in this mixture for at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Drain the chicken breast from the marinade and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, without burning. Once cooked through, set chicken aside and allow to cool slightly. Cut into slices.
3. To make the dressing: Mix the ingredients ( avocado, rice vinegar, peanuts, lime juice, and garlic) together in a blender or food processor. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Combine the chopped Napa cabbage, carrots, cilantro, red onion and radicchio in a large bowl and toss it with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the chicken on top along with the avocado and cucumber. Drizzle on the dressing, top with chopped peanuts, and serve! ♥︎
Note: The avocado peanut dressing can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container for a couple of days.