There are some dishes in this world that we will climb over tables for. These dishes usually inspire homey, comforting feelings. The particular recipe we’re talking about today is just a wonderfully tasty way to start off any good meal: Artichoke cheese and chorizo bread, a savory quick bread studded with artichoke hearts, chorizo, grated cheddar and a fresh hint of parsley. If you can’t get enough of artichokes, this can become the perfect appetizer for a casual party.
Ingredients list for the artichoke and chorizo bread
For a large loaf or 20 appetizers:
- 1 cup (100g) wheat flour
- 3/4 cup (100g) buckwheat flour
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (10cl) of olive oil
- 2/3 cup (15cl) of milk
- 5 1/3 oz (100g) grated cheddar
- 5 artichoke hearts, cooked
- 5 1/3 oz (100g) chorizo (thinly sliced)
- 1 handful of parsley
- Salt and pepper
1. Turn your oven to 390°F (200°C).
2. Prepare the dough: With a food processor or by hand, mix the two flours and baking powder, eggs, oil and warm milk, and grated cheese.
3. When the dough is smooth, add the diced artichokes hearts and chorizo cut into strips. Finely chop the parsley, add to the mixture.
4. Add salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Pour the batter into a buttered loaf pan or a silicone mold.
5. Bake for 10 minutes at 390°F (200°C) and then 30 minutes at 360°F (180°C). If you choose to make appetizing bites, bake only for 20 minutes at 360°F (180°C).
If you’re fan of savory bread recipes, don’t miss out this olive, bacon and cheese bread!