Ingredient list for the apricots shortbread parfaits
- 8 small apricots
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 1 tablespoon flower honey
- 1 vanilla pod
- A handful of whole almonds
- 2/3 cup (150g) cream cheese (Philadelphia)
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large shortbread cookies
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon oats
1. Wash, pit and cut apricots in quarters. In a small saucepan pour a little water. Add the apricots, half the vanilla pod, vanilla sugar, honey and whole almonds. Simmer over low heat until fruit is soft and liquid is syrupy, about 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside.
2. Combine cream cheese with condensed milk, then add the vanilla seeds scraped from the remaining pod half. Divide the cream into two small jars. Pour the apricot compote on top.
3. Dry-roast the almonds and oats on a baking sheet in the oven, or in a skillet on the stove. Crumble the shortbread cookies. Mix together and sprinkle in jars, over the apricot compote.
Variation: For a different fruit compote, substitute 1 pound strawberries, hulled and halved, for the apricots.