Summer is almost upon us; it’s time to use these fresh seasonal fruits to create scrumptious, palate-pleasing desserts! This rustic apricot tarts is simple enough for a weeknight or a casual family event like a dinner alfresco. The golden short-bread crust is filled with almond cream and topped with fresh, lightly sweetened apricots and their tangy note. Other stone fruits, like plums and peaches, will work just as well.
Ingredients list for Apricots Almonds Tart
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
For the crust:
- 3 1/2 cups (340g) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (110g) sugar (better with a mix of 1/2 powdered sugar and 1/2 of icing sugar )
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup (75g) ground almonds (blanched, slivered or whole)
- 2 sticks (230g) butter, softened
- 1 large egg
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
For the filling:
- 3/4 cup (75g) ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1/2 cup (50g) heavy cream
- 8-10 apricots, halved and pitted
1. In a mixer, whip the butter on medium speed until light and airy. Add the egg yolk and mix until combined.
2. Add the sugar, salt, almond powder, and flour and mix briefly, without overworking the dough. Add a few tablespoon of water to soften the dough feels to dry.
3. Gather dough into a ball, wrap in plastic and let sit for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
The almond filling:
Combine all the ingredients except apricot halves. Fill a pastry bag and keep refrigerated.
Baking and mounting:
1. Preheat oven 340°F (170°C).
2. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured board or in between two sheets of parchment paper. Line the bottom of a tart pan and prick the dough with a fork. Cover with parchment paper maintained with baking weights, or fill with baking beads. This will prevent the crust from browning too much.
3. Blind-bake 20 minutes at 340°F (170°C). And allow to cool on a rack for few minutes.
4. Pipe the almond cream filling over the crust and place apricot slices on top. Sprinkle with icing sugar.