Whether you’re celebrating the holidays or having a get-together with good friends, this bubbly apple lemonade cocktail is begging to be part of your party! With green apple juice, lime, ginger, mint and chili garnish, the mix of flavors is zesty and invigorating. The recipe is for a two servings but is easy to duplicate for a crowd. Drink up!
Ingredients list for the green apple cocktail
- Sparkling water
- 1 green apple
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Juice of one lime
- 5 ginger slices
- 10 mint leaves
- Lime slices and bird eye peppers, for garnish
- Vodka (optional)
- Ice cubes
1. Add granulated sugar and filtered lime juice water to a small saucepan and give a quick stir.
2. Juice (or blend and strain) the apple to collect the juice, add to the saucepan and stir quickly so apple juice doesn’t darken. Add mint leaves and ginger slices and heat over medium fire. Stir from time to time and simmer until you get a light syrup, about 5 minutes.
3. Filter the syrup and chill in the refrigerator until serving, for at least 1 hour.
4. Put ice cubes into glasses, limes lices and a chili pepper on the edge. Pour the syrup on ice cubes and fill with a dash of vodka (optional) and sparkling water to the top. Serve and enjoy!