Do you wonder how to make your guests smile every time? Apple season is in full swing and cranberries are on their way—serve up this white wine sangria filled with the best autumnal flavors and watch your people asking for more.
Ingredients list for the apple cranberry sangria
- 1 bottle white wine
- 1 whole apple, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, halved
- 1/2 tbsp whole cloves
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sliced apples and fresh cranberries, to garnish
Creamy Four Cheese Spinach Butternut Squash
1. In a saucepan, add the diced apple, half the cranberries, cloves, sugar and cover with water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then filter through a fine mesh strainer and collect the syrup in a bottle.
2. In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine white wine, apple cranberry syrup, lime juice and garnish. Stir well and chill for 1 to 2 hours to let the flavors develop.
3. Give a good stir before serving and pour the apple and cranberry sangria over ice.
Tips: For a non-alcoholic version of this fall inspired sangria, use sparkling apple juice instead of white wine.