Not only a panini is the ultimate marriage of bread and cheese, crunch and melt, but this italian-inspired pressed sandwich is also one of the simplest, easiest meals ever. So turn your kitchen into a sandwich factory with this 3 cheeses and tomato panini and prepare a wholesome meal or snack. If you’re an adept of twists on traditional recipes; you can use it cut into quarters for kid-friendly bites or even as a party-appetizer!
Ingredients list for the three cheeses and tomato panini
Yield: 1 serving
- 1 Ciabatta or bread roll
- 1 small piece of gorgonzola cheese
- 2 thin slices of mozzarella
- Provolone cheese, sliced
- 5 wedges of dried tomatoes in oil
- A few basil leaves
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
1. Put 2 wedges of dried tomatoes in your food processor and pulse to obtain a puree. Cut the bread in half and spread each slice with the dried tomato puree.
2. Arrange slices of mozzarella over each piece of bread and garnish the bottom bread slice with gorgonzola and provolone shavings.
3. Top with dried tomatoes and basil leaves. Assemble the slices of bread and press lightly.
4. Toast the bread in a panini press, over a griddle on medium heat, or in the oven. Enjoy hot or warm with a green salad.
(Photo by Sweet Salty)